- Primary Tumor Staging = pT1. The tumor has not spread beyond the testicle and the epididymis. Cancer cells where not found inside blood vessels or lymph vessels next to the tumor. The cancer may have entered the tunica albuginea, but not the tunica vaginalis.
- Regional Lymph Nodes Staging = N0. No spread to the nearby lymph nodes was seen during the biopsy or on the CT scan.
- Distant Metastasis = M0. There was no observed spread of the cancer outside the area of the tumor or to other organs, like the lungs.
- Serum Tumor Markers = S1. HDG and LDH are normal. AFP was slightly elevated at 15 before the oriectomy, but went down after the testicle was removed.
- The cancer types were: 40% seminoma, 20% embryonal carcinoma, 20% yolk sac, and 20% Mature Teratoma. Multiple cancers are treated as nonseminoma.
Each case may be different as will be the treatment. This is only one example.